3.22.2009

Sweet Sleep

I was amazed at how much better my back feels after a few hours of sleep. I can see why people become addicted to drugs. The relief from pain is monumental. Ahhhhh. Bliss.

While still not drug-free, I have managed to toddle through the first Sock Madness sock. I feel rather confident that I will be the last one finished in my division, and probably the last one finished in any division. Having to concentrate on the pattern gives me something to do besides pity myself. And there is only so much self-pity I can handle. Whew. It really begins to smell after a few days.

The good part of being in a competition is that I will get socks off the needles. And will have a slightly smaller stash of sock yarn.

On the other hand (and there is always another hand) the cousin is sending more sock yarn. I just love that cousin. Her daughter has been the unfortunate recipient of some of my sock madness and apparently it became an infection. She wants more socks.

Gosh. Gee. I feel soooo bad about that (grin).

So onward toward more sock knitting. YEAH !

I love enablers.

No comments: