3.04.2009

Stash and Gloves

I finally gave in and decided to warm my own hands instead of the Son's. So I dove into the never-ending stash boxes and came up with something really lovely.

This is Knitpicks EssentialSolid in African Violet. Yum. So very soft. It is a 75% Superwash wool with 25% nylon fingering weight yarn. I can see some wonderful socks in this too. I will have to get more. Which defeats the purpose of stash-diving.

Oh well. Discipline is not my forte'.

Now for the pattern. This is Plum Gloves by Joanna Ryan. It is a Ravelry pattern. If you know me, you know I really dislike the whole 'you must sign up or we won't let you have the pattern' idea. If you ever searched for cooking recipes online then you know that there are thousands of sites that offer their recipes for free. But for some reason many knitters seemed to have lost that idea of giving their expertise for free. I am not against making a profit on their efforts and talents. But it does bug me that some folks make others jump through hoops. Therefore I am not linking to this pattern. If you want it, go join Ravelry. Jump through the hoops.

It is a lovely pattern.




I have been toying with an idea lately. I sometimes design patterns for myself. If I do one that I am satisfied with, then perhaps I may offer it for free with a request to donate to your local Hospice. If you think this is an acceptable idea, please let me know. If you think it is tacky, let me know that too.

Hmmm. Maybe there are other ways of supporting an organization that is so exceptional.

No comments: