3.28.2009

Bulgarian Needles

I recently spent some time making nupps (newps) and realized why Bulgarian knitting needles have hooks. This photo was stolen from Celtic Memory because I could not find another photo. If you have seen Nancy Bush's Knitted Lace of Estonia, then you may have become enamored of Nupps too.

I don't have access to Bulgarian hooked knitting needles. Instead I found this useful tool.


This Mini Hooks on a ring is perfect for making nupps. I adore this and was so very tempted to get all the sizes of mini hooks. I don't need them. I don't tat. But they are so very cute. These were purchased from Handy Hands. A very nice company with a lot of tatting supplies. Very pretty. But I cannot start another hobby.

I am very very tempted. Pretty designs and string? Oh yeah.

No comments: