5.18.2007

Vendredi Mai Dix-huit

Way too early this morning.

DH gets up and goes upstairs to the bedroom as I start the laundry.
Me...do you have any dirty pants up there?
DH.........
Me....DH ! Do You Have Any Dirty Clothes Up There?
DH.....no
Silence while I start the laundry. DS comes out for breakfast. He says, Good morning. (in a very deep sleepy voice)
I say.... Yeah. (snide, aren't I?)
More silence. Laundry is started. DS is in bathroom. I am drinking coffee at computer while blinking at overnight email.
DH returns from bedroom.
Me....I thought you went to bed?
DH..Of course not. I was waiting for DS.
Me...Why?
DH...to say goodbye.
Me...Why?
DH...because I won't see him until tomorrow.
Me......Oh.
(don't you love these scintillating conversations?)
DS comes out of the bathroom. Hugs his dad. Says good morning. DH hugs back. Says good bye. They chat for a few minutes. Of course this conversation is 1 1/2 feet from grumpy Me with the hot coffee and bleary eyes. Finally the love fest is over. DS returns to his room to finish shaving. DH stands there staring at me.
DH...er...uhm...
Me...What !
DH...I was thinking...
Me (groan)..What about?
DH...well I was thinking that...if you got ready to leave on Sunday by about....1 or 1:30....
Me....(groan) (groan again)
DH....Well we could go to Best Buy and the bookstore.
Me...bookstore starts to sink in...Bookstore?
DH....grin....yeah
Me....Again?
DH....yeah
Me....How much do I get to spend?
DH...how much did you spend last time?
Me.....I don't know. The receipt is in the box.
DH looks at overflowing box. Does not attempt to find it.
DH....we'll see.
Me....Knitting books are expensive.
DH....groan.

No comments: